BestHike #4 – Ausangate Circuit, Peru – besthike.com
Ausangate Circuit is certainly one of our high 10 hikes on the earth.
Click on PLAY or watch a 1 minute introduction on YouTube.
Our favorite hike within the excessive Andes. Doing it independently solely really useful for assured, self-sufficient hikers skilled at excessive altitude. It’s distant.
AT A GLANCE
- circle sacred Ausangate massif (6372m, 20,905ft), the very best peak in southern Peru
- Four excessive passes between 4757m – 5165m
- 70km (43.5mi) plus sidetrips
- virtually everybody does Ausangate with a information, nevertheless it’s fairly doable independently if you’re acclimated
- many choices to increase this trek
- finest months are the Might-September dry season
- Tinqui is
5-Eight hoursnow solely about 3.5hrs by bus on a brand new street, about 100km S.E. of Cusco
- sidetrip to the “rainbow mountains” of Vinicunca
Learn extra on our Ausangate Circuit data web page.